Rss Feed
  1. Falling in Love

    Sunday, July 18, 2010

    Love is the circulatory system of the body of Christ's
    essential health of the believer.

    What scripture comes to mind when you are interested
    in reading about love?
    1 Corinthians 13 of course!

    1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

    4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

    8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

    13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

    Let's not forget our First Love, Jesus Christ


    Announcements
    • Angela's Baby Shower is this Thursday, July 22nd 6:30pm @ Kelly Moates' house. We will have salty & sweet snacks - Salty: Lisa, Kris, & Julie, Sweet- Emily, Leah, & Amy Elmore, Drinks - Kelly
    • Sign up to take Scott & Kelley Shirley a meal with the arrival of Baby Christian. Log on towww.takethemameal.com, last name Shirley, password is the same as before. For questions contact Lisa scottandlisat@msn.com.
    • Operation Go, community service projects, will take place on Sundays, July 11th, 18th, & 25th. Our class will participate in Operation Go on July 25th. We will be feeding our "Hungry Heros" the firemen. Email Lisa scottandlisat@msn.com to sign up for something to bring.
    • Family Night @ the Birmingham Barons is Wed, July 28th. Tickets can be purchased at the church, $5 ticket admits 5 people!
    • Preschool & Children's Night Out is July 30th. Register for Parents Night Out (click the link) by July 25th.
    Prayer Requests
    • Scott & Lisa - Continue to pray for the sell of their house & God's protection over the continued list of expenses, mostly recently the fridge going out.
    • Keith & Krista - A friend's 9 month old baby, Jay Duncan is undergoing chemo for cancer in his eye. They are thankful that the cancer was detected early. Pray for him as he will be having surgery soon. Pray also for Keith & Krista as they leave for Maui for safe travels & peace in leaving the girls with grandparents.
    • Mike & Brenda - Pray for Brenda's mother who was admitted to the hospital. UPDATE: She was released on Monday with a medication change. Continue to pray for her strength to rebuild.
    • Mike & Amy - Pray for Amy's friend Heather who is struggling with her daughter's therapy for Autism. Pray for her wisdom for the whole family as well as strength through this difficult time.
    • Michael & Emily - Pray for Emily's Mom & Jack who are Thailand.